I really hope that you may find ServStop useful.
It grew out of a personal desire to stop several services at once while not having to change startup types or stop them one at a time.
: There are many things I would like to do with ServStop, such as:
- implement IBindingList to support list sorting
- periodically check running service state and update interface accordingly
- (possibly) disable form resize
- add ability to remove service from a user list if it is stopped when list is loaded
- implement help file
- give user ability to cancel service stoppage, if possible
- ability to load a user list and commence stoppage via command-line
- ability to drag-and-drop user list
- (possibly) ability to START services
- code cleanup (I'm a bad boy, violated DRY)
- investigate practicality of MVP/MVC
ServStop is a .NET application that makes it easy to stop several system services at once. Now you don't have to change startup types or stop them one at a time. It has a simple list-based interface with the ability to save and load lists of user services
to stop. Written in C#.